I have played HC for about one month. Two heroes are dead: a Barbarian (Lv55) and a Witch doctor (Lv42). My current hero is a Barbarian.
Here is my HC experience about these two classes.
1. You can be relaxed before Lv50. Double-handed weapon is okay. You just need to take long several life-saving skills: leap, shielding, spirit walk (Witch doctor’s necessity) and so on. The main power of the equipments should be intelligence and then the armor.
2. You have to play with a shield after Lv50. You will find everything is different in Hell difficulty. The 3 affixes are golden blue. And the damage is improved (it is still easy in Act1). If you cannot defeat them, you’d better escape or rebuild. After all, the account has existed for 20 hours. It will be a pity to lose it.
3. I find that Witch doctor has a good performance in HC. He is powerful in the middle stage. He is always safe with a pet and acts soon. You’d better choose Witch doctor if you don’t like Barbarians or Monks.
4. Do your best to upgrade the chest, which should be done sooner or later. Save some remaining potion, gems and equipments, which is good for your next hero.
5. You’d better inlay experience gems on the helm. The bigger the better before Hell difficulty. Use blood gems after Hell difficulty.
6. There are terrible monsters in each act (all are after Hell difficulty). In Act1, Barbarians are afraid of the cattle rushing to everywhere and the white monsters with spurs. In Act2, bees and tuning Blademaster need your attention. In Act3, the monsters with two hammers are terrible.
7. When you are in Hell or Inferno difficulty, you will encounter Frozen, Jailer, Arcance, Fire chains and other skills with high damage. If you cannot deal with them, just escape. Don’t be too brave in Hardcore mode.
8. Switch your skills in time. For example, if the hero is a Barbarian, left click to use Cleave to kill mini monsters and use Frenzy when BOSS doesn’t have mini monsters. If the hero is a Witch doctor, it can summons an army to rush to BOSS.
9. This is my experience of playing Hardcore. My Witch doctor died of server lag. My barbarian died because it went to challenge Belial when in Lv55. Others usually challenge Belial when they are in Lv60 or above. So you should know that good network and running shoes are very necessary.
10. This is what I can recall now. I will supplement from time to time.
If you need D3 gold, items, powerleveling or other services, please click here http://www.swagvault.com/activity/hardcore/gold.html